It was King Kohli’s day today. With his sixer, India won the match against Bangladesh. After winning the toss, Bangladesh opted to bat. They made 256 for 8 in 50 overs. Chasing the target of 257, India made 261 in 41.3 overs. As of today, India is No. 2 in the points table after New Zealand. India has registered her consecutive 4th win today. Hardik Pandya retired hurt today. Let us hope his injury is not serious. The remaining balls of Hardik’s over were bowled by Kohli, thus bowling after a gap of 6 years.
Rohit Sharma rewrites WC history with a blazing knock, joining Ganguly & Dravid in the star-studded list during the Ind-Ban tie on Thursday. He smashed multiple records in match No. 17 of the ICC World Cup between India & Bangladesh. On Thursday, Rohit not only opened his six-hitting account at the venue in Pune, but the senior batter also scripted multiple records. The 36-year-old smoked 2 sixes & smashed 7 fours in his entertaining knock of 48 off 40 balls. Thus, Rohit has scored the maximum runs – 265 in this World Cup. Kohli zooms past with 48 centuries, one short of equaling the Master Blaster.
Hardik Pandya retired hurt, raising concerns about his injury. In a rare event, Virat Kohli took over the remaining balls of Hardik’s over, marking his return to bowling after six years. Rohit Sharma’s performance was historic, as he joined the ranks of Sourav Ganguly and Rahul Dravid with his World Cup achievements.
- Rohit Sharma’s quickfire start after Bangladesh’s innings.
- Virat Kohli’s explosive entry with 12 runs off his first three balls.
- Kohli’s 69th ODI half-century and his strategic play to reach his 48th century.
- India’s bowling performance, particularly Ravindra Jadeja’s exceptional fielding and Jasprit Bumrah’s crucial wickets.
- Matches Played: India and Bangladesh have played a total of 3 matches against each other in ICC ODI World Cup tournaments.
- Wins: Bangladesh has won 1 of these encounters, while India has won 2.
- First Encounter: The first World Cup match between India and Bangladesh was in 2007, where Bangladesh won by 5 wickets.
- Most Recent Match: The most recent World Cup match between the two teams was in 2019, where India won by 28 runs.
- Notable Performances:
- In the 2007 World Cup encounter, Bangladesh’s victory over India was a significant upset and contributed to India’s early exit from the tournament.
- In the 2011 World Cup, India defeated Bangladesh in the opening match of the tournament, which they went on to win.
- In the 2019 World Cup, Rohit Sharma scored a century for India, contributing to their victory over Bangladesh.